New Scientific Find in Fibromyalgia - Excessive Sensory Nerve Fibers - Arteriole-Venule Shunts

by - 12:00 AM

Fibromyalgia Pain - Mystery Solved - Excessive Sensory Nerve Fibers
Fibromyalgia Pain - Mystery Solved - Excessive Sensory Nerve Fibers!

This is HUGE, breaking, and possibly good news to any one who suffers from Fibromyalgia. What causes the pain of fibromyalgia? The scientific discovery has been made. No longer does one have to feel ridiculed for a disease that is "in one's head," when in truth, there is a published medical journal finding - excessive sensory nerve fibers.

About 13 years ago I was diagnosed after giving birth to my fourth child and then crippling up to the point I thought my entire body was falling apart.
Fibromyalgia-scientific-discovery-excessive-nerve-fibers
Fibromyalgia Medical Discovery - caused from
enormous increase in sensory nerve
fibers at specific sites within the
blood vessels of the skin.


I had a positive ANA (Antinuclear Antibodies) tither, elevated ESR (Erthocyte Sedimentation Rate) which shows inflammation, amongst other issues that led my doctors to test me for Multiple Sclerosis and Lupus.  

They agreed upon me having an auto-immune issue, but found no consensus, except that I had Fibromyalgia, Lichen Sclerosus, some weird issues with my blood sugar fluctuations and thyroid reactions, but nothing that fit inside of their box of common diagnosis.

Magnesium, my #1 supplement for Fibromyalgia.
Magnesium, my #1 supplement for Fibromyalgia.
I tried many things to overcome this debilitating pain, as I was not about to succumb to their pharmaceuticals that would not heal me, but rather mask my symptoms while giving me all new side effects. I gave up all artificial sweeteners, MSG, etc. I tried various supplements. In the end, the one thing that helped me more than any other was Magnesium. 

And if I needed muscle recovery at night, then 5-htp or Rhodiola Rosea also offered some relief (*important note, please do not try 5-htp if you are taking any SSRI medication or you could suffer/die from Serotonin Syndrome). 

Researchers from INTiDYN have discovered that Fibromyalgia is not all in our heads after all, but stems from a rational, biological source consisting of excessive nerve fibers that deal with opening and closing the shunts responsible for blood flow to the capillaries.

This makes sense to me. My capillaries have often broke and seem very weak compared to most females. This has been an issue since I was at least in my early teens. Also I have endured many nerve pain issues. One doctor even tested me and found that I was being honest that ultrasound in my back actually caused me horrible nerve pain, as do injections in my gluteus shoot pain down my butt and legs and make it were I cannot walk correctly for weeks following.
tiny muscular valves, called arteriole-venule (AV) shunts, which form a direct connection between arterioles and venules.
These tiny muscular valves, called
arteriole-venule (AV) shunts, which form
a direct connection between
arterioles and venules.

The American Academy of Pain Medicine published this article on the Fibromyalgia Medical Discovery by Integrated Tissue Dynamics on June 14th, 2013. 

"What the team uncovered was an enormous increase in sensory nerve fibers at specific sites within the blood vessels of the skin. These critical sites are tiny muscular valves, called arteriole-venule (AV) shunts, which form a direct connection between arterioles and venules (see diagram)." 

What does this mean for the future of patients who suffer from Fibromyalgia? Perhaps the discovery of why some people have the excessive nerve fibers and why those numbers are increasing, how to prevent the disease, a scientific way to test for the disease, and most likely new treatments and/or a cure. 

Have you or somebody you love suffered from Fibromyalgia? Have they been doubted that it is legit?

You May Also Like

1 Punti per la polizia grammatica