Barilla Mulino Bianco Cookies - Biscuit Review

Pan di Stelle, Galletti, Girotondi, and Cuoricini Cookies
Barilla Mulino Bianco Cookies - Pan di Stelle, Galletti, Girotondi, and Cuoricini
According to Barilla, 78% of good Italians keep Mulino Bianco cookies in their home and most Italianos eat them for breakfast. Believe it or not, Italy consumes more cookies/biscuits that the entire USA, which must be in part due to consuming cookies for breakfast with their various coffees. I confess, they are the perfect accompaniment for tea or coffee. Today, if you click on the US Mulino Bianco link above, you can get a $1 off coupon (good in the USA). :)  And currently, our local 99¢ Only Stores is carrying these cookies too.

Barilla Mulino Bianco Cookies  or Biscuits - Pan di Stelle
Barilla Mulino Bianco Cookies 
or Biscuits - Pan di Stelle
For years, I have heard about the beloved Pan di Stelle (pronounced Pan-dee-stel-eh) cookies meaning "bread of stars," which is a cocoa cookie with 11 white stars on it, but could not purchase them over here. Imagine my delight when I found they now sell these cookies at my grocery store. A slice of Italian heaven in my hometown.

Barilla Mulino Bianco Cookies  or Biscuits - Girotondi
Barilla Mulino Bianco Cookies 
or Biscuits - Girotondi











We also tried Girotondi (pronounced Jeer-o-tön-dee), meaning "Ring-Around-the-Rosie," which is a short bread cookie with sprinkles of sugar. It's wheel shaped, with a emblem of a watermill in the center of it. A buttery, pleasant taste.

Barilla Mulino Bianco Cookies  or Biscuits - Galletti
Barilla Mulino Bianco Cookies 
or Biscuits - Galletti










Then there was Galletti (pronounced Ga-let-ee), which translates to "young roosters." These are
a light-bodied, simple cookie, with granulated sugar crystals on top. They remind me a bit of the danish cookies we used to get in a tin on Christmas every year.


Barilla Mulino Bianco Cookies  or Biscuits - Cuoricini
Barilla Mulino Bianco Cookies 
or Biscuits - Cuoricini


Don't forget the last of the bunch we tried this time around, Cuoricini (pronounced Kwor-ih-chi-ni) interpreted as "little hearts." They are a lightly crunchy, flavorful cookie with little bits of chocolate interspersed. A lovely treat that presents thoughtfully to your guests.  What a way to speak love to your family!







Barilla Mulino Bianco Cookies  or Biscuits - Baiocchi
Barilla Mulino Bianco Cookies 
or Biscuits - Baiocchi



Now there are more cookies/biscuits in the line-up. One of them is called Baiocchi, which is the Hazelnut chocolate cream sandwiched between two cookies. How is it that I have yet to find this cookie and try it? I mean it sounds like a taste of Nutella heaven!!! Hopefully, someday the blessing will be mine. Until then, I will daydream of Baiocchi.




Disclosure: I was not contacted by Barilla or Mulino Bianco, nor was I given these cookies or compensated in any way to offer this review. :) 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear about you excitement for Mulino Bianco. You can find all of these products on Amazon.com or use the product locator on http://www.mulinobianco.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by to see my post about your product.

      I had wanted to try Pan di Stelle for quite some time. Even tried making my own before, but was not sure if it came out "tasting" like your biscuits/cookies, since I had never had the pleasure. And it's a lot of work to make 11 stars on top of each cookie!

      I hope you enjoyed my "photos" of your products. ;) And someday, I hope to try your Baiocchi cookies. We just made homemade chocolate hazelnut spread yesterday and also some biscotti out of it. Delicious!!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your heart with us!